Many colleges and universities permit auditing of classes or matriculation of older adults. Call the Admissions Office or Registrar of the college you wish to attend.
COMPUTER LEARNING CENTER
- Offers seniors instruction in uses of technology; also has information and discussioin on a number of personal erichment topics.
- Formerly SeniorNet
- 999 Lower Ferry Rd., Ewing NJ 08628
- Web site: www.clcewing.org
DOROT University Without Walls
- Lifelong learning program with small discussion-based classes
- Program of Princeton Senior Resource Center
- (609) 924-7108
- Web site: www.theEvergreenForum.org
LITERACY VOLUNTEERS OF MERCER COUNTY
An affiliate of ProLiteracy and Literacy Volunteers of America. Tutoring is provided in libraries and other sites around the county.
MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Mercer County Community College offers credit and non-credit courses and certificates. Mercer County residents who are age 65 or over may register free of tuition charges on a space available basis for courses, provided all course prerequisites are met. Please note that students must pay books, materials, supplies, lab fees and vendor fees. For taking credit courses as non-credit options, seniors pay the same fee charge as if for credit. Seniors need to present proof of birth date and current address in order to qualify. Please call (609) 570-3311 after 3pm on the day before the course is to begin to check availability and to register.
- 1200 Old Trenton Road, PO Box B, Trenton NJ 08690
- (609) 570-3311
MERCER COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM Home Borrowers Program
- Home delivered library books to homebound residents of Mercer County (excludes Princeton, Hamilton and Trenton). You must have a valid Mercer County Library System card.
- (609) 989-6922 (Reference desk, Lawrence Library)
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
BUREAU OF ADULT EDUCATION AND FAMILY LITERACY/GED
How to go about taking the Tests of General Educational Development (GED) and obtaining your New Jersey state-issued high school diploma.
- OSHER LIFE LONG LEARNING INSTITUTE AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
- 55 Commmercial Avenue, Suite 201, New Brunswick NJ 08901
- (732) 932-7233
PRINCETON ADULT SCHOOL
PRINCETON PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Home Delivered Library Books to home-bound Princeton residents; also community information
- 65 Witherspoon St. Princeton NJ 08540
- (609) 924-9529, ex 225 for Ji-Hae Ju
- Web site: www.princetonlibrary.org
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY AUDITING PROGRAM (CAP)
PRINCETON YWCA-ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
- Education and travel for people aged 55 and older
- 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston MA 02111
- 800 454-5768
- web site: www.roadscholar.org
THE ENGLISH SCHOOL
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.