FINANCIAL PLANNERS AND ADVISORS
There are many companies and individuals who offer to advise you financially. Banks, brokerage houses and individuals provide services. You probably want to seek a person who is a Certified Financial Planner and charges a fee for services rather than one who sells a particular product line. You should also find someone who listens well to your goals and understands how your income is generated. What is their training and likelihood of being with you for several years? Listings of local Certified Financial Planners can be found on the internet at www.cfp.net.
Some local financial planners who have done programs at PSRC include these. We do not endorse any particular individual.
FINANCIAL PLANNING ASSOCIATION
The professional society for financial planners. Their website has a lot of information for the general public, and also a function to search for a financial planner in your area and with the specialization you need.
ANNUAL CREDIT REPORT
Free annual credit report from TranUnion, Experian,and Equifax.
CONSUMER CREDIT COUNSELING SERVICE (A Program of the Family Guidance Center)
- Provides counseling on money management, a plan for repayment of debt as an alternative to bankruptcy, assistance in establishing or reestablishing credit, and education on various financial topics helpful to consumers. Free.
- Basic Money Management Services to individuals receiving Social Services benefits and/or Supplemental Society Income who have demonstrated an inability to properly handle their funds or are at risk of financial exploitation.
- (609) 586-2574 or 888 379-0604
- Web site: http://fgccorp.org/page/progccc.aspx
FINANCIAL PLANNING ANSWER PLACE
- 475 Wall Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PERSONAL FINANCIAL ADVISORS
Fee-Only comprehensive financial planning professionals
PRINCETON FINANCIAL CARE SERVICES
- Help with personal finances such as bill paying, medical claims, other forms.
- Barbara Kady & Hilly Berlin, CPA
- Straube Center,114 W. Franklin Ave, Ste K-4 Pennington, NJ 08534
- (609) 730-0067
- Web site: www.princetonfcs.com
RUTGERS COOPERATIVE EXTENSION
- A resource for good financial records. This includes regular net worth (assests minus debts) and cash flow (income and expenses) statements and a list of important documents for family members to access if needed. For a downloadable financial record-keeping form -"A record of Important Family Papers" go to:
- Web site: www.njaes.rutgers.edu
SENIOR FINANCIAL CONSULTING
- 194 Gatzmar Ave, Jamesburg 08831
- (732) 656 3600
- email: email@example.com
VIASOURCE FUNDING GROUP
- Help getting cash from life insurance policies you no longer need
- 2 Hartford Dr, Ste.201, Toms River, New Jersey 08753
- 888 828-4404
- Web site: www.viasourcefunding.com/
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES- ESTATE PLANNING
Estate & Gift Taxes
State Laws: Estate & Probate
National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
Society of Financial Service Professionals
The Stress-Free Guide to Selling An Inherited Home
For assistance with bill paying, see Personal Assistance. For information on Reverse Mortgages, see Reverse Mortgages .
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.