Food and Nutrition Programs
FOR NUTRITION INFORMATION:
CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY KITCHEN
- Free meals Wednesday 5-6:30 at Princeton United Methodist Church, corner of Nassau St and Vandeventer St.
- (609) 924-2613
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF PRINCETON & TASK
- Free dinner Tuesday 5-7 pm
- Corner of John St. and Greene St.
- (609) 924-0877
CRISIS MINISTRY OF TRENTON AND PRINCETON
Non-Perishable food bank. See Crisis Assistance.
SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(FOOD STAMPS)
- Provides coupons for food only for eligible Mercer County residents.
- Eligibility is based on a formula that takes into considerational the number of persons in the household, income, resources. Seniors cannot have more than $3000 in liquid assets.
- The website NJhelps.org is useful to prescreen eligibility and to apply for food stamps and other benefits.
- Main phone: 800 687-9512 or (609) 989-4320.
- Local application assistance: Princeton Human Services 688-2055
- Web site: http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dfd/programs/foodstamps/
For a current list of food pantries, call PSRC (609)252-2362 or Human Services (609)688-2055, or Mercer Street Friends Food Bank (609) 406-0503.
Mercer Street Friends Mobile Food Bank
- Periodic food distribution for eligible families at Henry Pannell Learning Center, 2 Clay St, Princeton. For qualification and details, call 406-0503.
McCaffreys - 609-683-1600
Peapod - Stop & Shop, peapod.com
Fresh Direct - Freshdirect.com
HOME DELIVERED MEALS
Meals delivered (hot lunch and in some instances cold dinner) to shut-ins, the elderly, convalescent, or disabled who find it difficult to prepare meals. Available Mon - Fri unless otherwise specified. There is a cost per meal.
F.I.S.H. of Hopewell Valley (Friends In Service Here)
- A volunteer service covering Hopewell Borough, Pennington, Titusville and all of Hopewell Township.
- Delivers meals from Pennington Market
- Also provides rides to doctor appointments
- (609) 737-9123
Kosher Meals on Wheels
- Jewish Family & Children's Services, 707 Alexander Rd, Princeton NJ 08540
- (609) 987-8100
Lawrence Township Meals On Wheels
Meals on Wheels of Mercer County
Other Meal Programs
For other meal programs in Mercer County, call the Office on Aging (609) 989-6661
MERCER COUNTY NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR THE ELDERLY
Hot, nutritious meals served at noon at many sites in Mercer County for seniors aged 60 and over. Most programs also provide activities such as games, cards, bingo and entertainment. Check with individual programs.
- For all Mercer County locations, call (609) 989-6650
- Princeton residents currently go to Lawrence Senior Center
- Limited transportation available by TRADE. (See Transportation)
- Farmers Market Vouchers- summer if eligible.
- Help preparing your weekly in-home meals
- Help qualify for food bank
- Gretchen Godwin, 609-508-6336, email@example.com
SUN MEADOW/ GA HOME DELIVERED MEALS
- Available to people on MTLSS Medicaid program
- Not sold direct to customer.
TRINITY CHURCH - ONE TABLE CAFE
Now serving lunch – Monday, Wednesday, Friday. No reservations needed. Serving lunch prepared by the TerraMomo restaurant group ( Eno Terra, Mediterra, Teresa’s, and Witherspoon Bread Company) from 11:45 to 1:15 pm. This is a community supported restaurant, for the purpose of bringing people together and break down barriers.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.