MERCER COUNTY BOARD OF SOCIAL SERVICES
- Information and referral service, food stamps, financial assistance, social services, Medicaid, adult protective services, safe housing program for the elderly, medical transportation, home care, Community Care Program for the Elderly and Disabled (CCPED).
- (609) 989-4664 or 800 564-1595
- 200 Woolverton St, CN 01450, Trenton, NJ 08650
- Web site: www.mcboss.org
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & SENIOR SERVICES
Information, referral & assistance, assistance with entitlement program applications (PAAD, HEAP, Foodstamps, Medicaid), outreach and case management for JACC, CAP, GO, and Medicaid Waiver Assisted Living. For a chart comparing these programs in 2009, click here
NJ ADRC (Formerly NJ EASE)
NJ ADRC (New Jersey Aged & Disability Resource Connection) is the easy way for seniors and their families to get information about and access senior services. NJ ADRC is one toll-free telephone number to put you in touch with someone to help you learn about and apply for important programs and benefits. NJ ADRC promotes independence, dignity and choice for New Jersey's older adults and disabled persons..
JACC (JERSEY ASSISTANCE FOR COMMUNITY CAREGIVING)
- Broad array of in-home services and supports that enable an individual (age 60 and over) at risk of placement in a nursing facility to remain in home. Income-eligible program ($1732/mo, assets under $40,000). Not for those on Medicaid or Medicaid waiver. Copay.
- Applications through Office On Aging (609)989-6661
Global Options (GO) Nursing Facility Transition (NFT) is a long-term care initiative that allows certain nursing facility residents (aged 65+ and income eligible) to receive supportive services that enables them to return to the community. Services include case management, homemaker, respite, emergency response system, social adult day care, transportation, home meals and more. Currently must be in a medical center or skilled nursing center at least 21 days to apply, but will expand in 2009. Applications through the Office on Aging 877 222-3737
For more information, visit the GO website: www.nj.gov/health/senior/go.shtml
MERCER COUNTY SURROGATE'S OFFICE
- Probate of wills, administration of estates, appointment of guardian for incapacitated persons, contested will filings
- Mercer County Civil Court House, 175 South Broad St, Fourth Floor Rm 420, Trenton NJ 08608
- (609) 989-6331
- 4th Thursday of each month, 9:45 - 11:45 am, call (609) 989-6336 for appointment.
- Princeton Township Municipal Bldg, 400 Witherspoon St, Princeton Township.
Call the Surrogate's office at (609) 989-6336 for locations and appointments.
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & SENIOR SERVICES
- Supports Area Offices on Aging, state-wide wellness programs, SHIP, Caregiver Programs, Housing, Information, Long-term care, licensing
- Website: www.state.nj.us/health/senior
- PO Box 807, Trenton, NJ 08625-0807
- 800 792-8820
OMBUDSMAN FOR THE INSTITUTIONALIZED ELDERLY
877 582-6995 to report neglect, abuse, exploitation of nursing home residents.
OFFICE OF THE PUBLIC GUARDIAN
- Makes legal, financial, healthcare decisions for adults aged 60 and over who have been found incapacitated to make own decisions by Superior Court judge.
- PO Box 812 Trenton NJ 08625
- (609) 341-5555
ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES
- (609) 989-4451 or 800 792-8672 All Calls Confidential.
- Report suspicions of abuse, neglect, exploitation of an adult by him- or herself or others.
- Emergency services for abuse, neglect or exploitation of the elderly or disabled. Psychosocial assessment.
STATE HEALTH INSURANCE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SHIP)
- Assistance and information about Medicare – See Medicare
NEW JERSEY BUREAU OF VITAL STATISTICS
- Birth certificates, marriage licenses, death certificates
- (609) 292-4087
PRINCETON REGIONAL HEALTH DEPARTMENT
The Health Department conducts inspections of restaurants, pools, and other facilities to ensure proper sanitation, and investigates public health nuisance complaints such as trash or rodents. It also issues birth, death and marriage licenses, provides health clinics for children, and health promotion programs for all ages.
SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
- Provides assistance and information with SS matters: retirement and survivors benefits, Medicare, disability, supplemental security income (SSI), etc. Will also replace lost Social Security and Medicare cards.
- Roebling Market, 635 S. Clinton Ave. Trenton, NJ 08608 (enter on Elmer St)
- 800 772-1213 or TTY: 800 325-0778
- web site: www.socialsecurity.gov
USA.Gov: FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BENEFITS, GRANTS AND FINANCIAL AID
Need government help? Get official information on grants, loans, financial aid, and other benefits from the U.S. government.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.