Transportation is available to University Medical Center at Princeton and affiliated Princeton Healthcare System facilities. For general information, call (609) 452-1491, ext, 237. Rides available through RideProvide, TRADE and MCAT.
Mercer County Mobility Guide includes transportation resources and timetables : http://www.gmtma.org/pdfs/seniors/senior%20travel%20guide_latest.pdf
Princeton Township Public Transportation options and maps: http://www.princetonnj.gov/public-transportation.html
- Offers people with disabilities paratransit service which is comparable to the local bus service. Mini-buses and wheelchair-accessible vans are used.
- Each person must be certified at one of the NJ Transit Access Link certifying agencies.
- 800-955-2321 for more information and to receive an information packet
- 800-955-6765 for TTY calls
- Web site: www.njtransit.com
AMERICAN AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION
AAA offers a number of brochures and services for older drivers--go to www.AAA.com/SeniorDriving
- Information and tips, including when to give up the keys.
- Free brochures offered on the Senior Drivers.org website or the AAA Foundation website https://www.aaafoundation.org/store/23?button=free include
- How to Help an Older Driver
- The Older and Wiser Driver
- Drivers 55 Plus: Test Your Own Performance
- Flexibility Fitness Training for Improving Older Driver Performance
- CARFIT: A 12-point evaluation program that helps senior drivers determine if their vehicle is the right "fit" for their physical condition and driving style. CARFIT events are offered periodically by the AAA Mid Atlantic Foundation.
- Roadwise Review, an interactive CD-Rom that measures physical and mental abilities shown to be the strongest predictors of crash risk among older adults. Available at local AAA retail offices.
- DriveSharp: a pair of visual memory computer games that improves vision for driving. Available at https://www.drivesharp.com/aaaf/index
- Door-to-door transportation within Princeton Borough and Township only for residents 65 years and older or disabled who do not drive. Rides provided by car, but you must register first with Princeton Senior Resource Center.
- Transports residents within Princeton Borough and Township only, or to thePrinceton Fitness & Wellness Center. Rides to PHCS Medical Center complex will be refunded.
- Call (609) 924-7108 to register; after registration, call Ride Provide (609) 452-5144 to schedule a ride.
- Rides provided : 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Mon-Fri. Priority will be given to medical rides.
- Must make reservations at 1- 2 days in advance. Call between 10:00-2:00 pm, Mon.-Fri. to schedule a ride.
- Fees are subsidized by the municipalities. Payment is by coupon only. Each voucher costs $3 (the cost of a one-way ride), payable by cash, money order or check made out to the Princeton Senior Resource Center. Vouchers may be purchased at PSRC's 45 Stockton Street or Spruce Circle offices, or at Elm Court or Harriet Bryan House, at HABOP (Princeton Housing Authority) at 50 Clay St, Princeton, or online at www.princetonsenior.org
EZ Pass Senior Discount
Senior discounts are available on New Jersey Turnpike tolls through the EZ Pass system. For information, go to the New Jersey Turnpike website:
For an EZ Pass application, go to:
GREATER MERCER TMA
Greater Mercer TMA is a non profit, public private partnership dedicated to reducing traffic congestion and improving mobility in and around Mercer County. Established in 1984, our association consists of large and small employers, local governments, authorities and state agencies who share a commitment to providing transportation choices that are good for commuters, good for business and good for the environment.
- 15 Roszel Rd. South, Suite 101, Princeton, NJ 08540
- (609) 452-1491
- Schedules for the FreeB, NJ Transit Buses and Trains on their Web site: http://www.gmtma.org/
HEALTH CARE MINISTRY OF PRINCETON
- Transportation is provided in private cars for health- and medical-related appointments within a 10-mile radius of the center of Princeton. These include appointments with doctors, dentists, podiatrists, optometrists and audiologists, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, physical therapy, diagnostic testing and prescription pick up. Clients must be ambulatory and require minimal assistance since the drivers are not trained to provide assistance.
- St. Paul's Church, 214 Nassau St, PO Box 1517, Princeton, NJ 08542
- (609) 921-8888 Leave message if no answer.
- Web site: www.healthcareministry.org
LOGISTICARE MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION
MCAT - Middlesex County Area Transit
The Middlesex County Area Transit provides transportation to seniors (60+), disabled and other transportation dependent residents of Middlesex County. Transportation is provided within the County and up to 5 miles outside the County. This area includes University Medical Center at Princeton.
- 711 Jersey Avenue
- New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
- (732) 745-7456
- Reservations - 800 221-3520
NEW JERSEY TRANSIT REDUCED FARE PROGRAM
- Seniors (62 and older) and the disabled can ride NJT trains, light rail & buses for 50% or more reduction in fare.
- You must show your Medicare card or NJ Transit Reduced Fare ID or other accepted ID.NJ Transit Reduced Fare ID's can be obtained from local banks or:
- NJ TRANSIT Reduced Fare Program
180 Boyden Avenue
Maplewood, NJ 07040
- Download the application form from the NJ Transit web site: www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ReducedFareTo
- To get a reduced fare on an interstate bus not marked NJ Transit, obtain coupons from local banks,savings and loan associations.
NJ Find A Ride
- GO WHERE YOU NEED TO GO!
- www.njfindaride.org is a valuable resource that enables people to search an electronic database of transportation providers to find a ride.
- Web site: http://njfindaride.com/
PRIVATE MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION PROVIDERS
- ABLE 800-323-2253
- Alert Ambulance (732) 364-2856
- Hope (609) 712-1119 or (609) 570-5121
- Medi Transport (609) 631-0020
- Right Hand (908) 331-2719
- Van-Go 800-714-3404
- Annual membership fee of $35 ($50 per family) plus per-ride fee, 10 mile radius of Quakerbridge Mall.
- Per-ride fee based on zones traveled $6, 10 or $15 plus $2.00 fuel charge per ride
- Hours: 24/7, extra charge for rides before 8 am or after 8 pm.
- 15 Roszel Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540
- (609) 452-5140 for more information, (609) 452-5144 to schedule rides
- Web site: www.rideprovide.org
T .R.A.D.E. (Transportation Resources to Aid Disadvantaged and Elderly)
- Mercer County supported program to provide transportation assistance at no cost to elderly, low-income or disabled County residents. However, a voluntary $1 contribution for each ride is requested.
- Daily door-to-door service from home to nutrition site, medical and other appointments. Schedule two weeks in advance.
- Wheelchair van available on request. No fee.
- SHOPPING TRIPS every Wednesday at 1 pm for nutrition site participants, from the Mt Pisgah Church nutrition site to the Princeton Shopping Center. No fee.
- (609) 530-1971 between 9:30 am - 3 pm for reservations
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.