Caregiver Support Services
- Assist Guide Information Services
- Resources and online community for caregivers of elderly
- Web site: www.agis.com
- Caregiver resources, care options, planning for those coping with Alzheimer's
- Web site: www.alz.org/carefinder
CAREGIVER ACTION NETWORK
CAREGIVER RESOURCE CENTER
- A program of PSRC, providing information, referral, counseling&consultations, resource library, education, support groups for caregivers of older adults.
- 45 Stockton St., Princeton, NJ 08540
- Web site: http://www.princetonsenior.org/
CAREGIVERS OF NJ
CAREGIVING FROM A DISTANCE
- An organization of long distance caregivers
- 4125 Albemarle St. NW , Washington, DC 20016
- ( 202) 895-9465
- Web site: www.cfad.org
- Provides information and resources on caring for older adults and end of life issues. Also has group discussion boards and helpful check lists.
- Web site: www.caring.com
- On the carepages.com site, you can set up a secure page on your care recipient then give family and friends the link to keep them informed and allow them to respond
- Web site: www.carepages.com
DOROT CAREGIVERS CONNECTIONS
- Phone support & workshops from professionals and peer groups
- 171 W. 85th St, New York NY 10024
- (212) 769-2850 or (973) 763-1511
- Web site: www.dorotusa.org
FAMILY CAREGIVER ALLIANCE
FAMILY CAREGIVING 101
- A website part of Caring.com listing resources for caregivers of elderly, with articles on hoarding. (use the search function to find them)
- website: www.gilbertguide.com
GREATER TRENTON BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE
Support for families who have a member with a serious and persistent mental illness. Services include outreach, consultation, psycho education groups and workshops, family counseling and support, advocacy.
- Intensive Family Support Services
- 314-316 East State Street Trenton, NJ 08608
- (609) 396-4258 ext. 133 . 24-hour/7day week emergency coverage.
- Web site: /www.gtbhc.org/
see ALSO Mental Health
A free service that helps family and friends coordinate the caregiving tasks of a loved one in need. Through an easy-to-use group calendar, members can sign up for available tasks or check commitments, -- though the service's e-mail reminder system will make sure you don't forget.
Online training videos for caregivers. A resource of Morningside Ministries.
NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR CAREGIVING
This website has a number of useful publications for caregivers.
NATIONAL CAREGIVERS LIBRARY
NATIONAL FAMILY CAREGIVER ASSOCIATION
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & SENIOR SERVICES
CaregiverNJ is a comprehensive guide to available resources for adults and their families living in New Jersey.
NEW JERSEY RESPITE CARE PROGRAM
- Caregiver education and support, can be in-home
- Respite care if income eligible
- 877 222-3737, (609) 599-5246
See also the page on Respite care for more information
NEXT STEP IN CARE
- Guides to help familyu caregivers and health care providers work together to plan and implement safe and smooth transitions for chronically or seriously ill patients
POINTS OF CAREGIVING
STRENGTH FOR CARING
WELL SPOUSE FOUNDATION
See also Respite Care.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.