Crisis Assistance Programs
ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES - Mercer County Board of Social Services
- Emergency services to prevent abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Homemaker services related to abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Psychosocial assessment
- 200 Woolverton St, Trenton NJ 08650
- All calls are CONFIDENTIAL:800-792-8820
See also Government
CRISIS MINISTRY OF PRINCETON AND TRENTON
Financial assistance to prevent evictions and utility cut-off; emergency funds for prescriptions by referral and non-perishable food on a per need basis.
- Nassau Presbyterian Church, 61 Nassau St, Princeton, NJ 08542
- 1:30-4:00 pm Mon - Thurs
- (609) 921-2135 (weekday afternoons)
- 123 E. Hanover Street, Trenton NJ 08608
- 9:00 - 12:00 weekdays
- (609) 396-9355 (weekday mornings)
- Web site: www.thecrisisministry.org
HEALTH CARE MINISTRY OF PRINCETON
- Provides limited assistance in the home, for grocery shopping, transportation to doctor appointments,etc.
- Non-sectarian, Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus at St. Paul’s Church, Princeton
- 120 John St, Princeton NJ 08542, PO Box 1517, Princeton NJ 08540
- (609) 921-8888-leave a message on the answering machine if no answer
- Web site: www.healthcareministry.org
- Shelter and resources for homeless people
- 1880 Princeton Ave, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- (609) 989-9417
- Emergency, short term, referral.
- (609) 278-1481 - 24 hours a day
MERCER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- Connection with organizations providing emergency assistance
- (609) 989-6926
See also Government
MERCER COUNTY HISPANIC ASSOCIATION (MECHA)
- Information and assistance for Spanish-speaking individuals.
- Informacion y assistencia en Espanol.
- 18 E. Sixth Avenue, Hamilton NJ 08619
- (609) 587-8897
MERCER STREET FRIENDS FOOD BANK
MOUNT CARMEL GUILD
- Providing assistance to ailing seniors and impoverished individuals and families.
- 73 North Clinton Avenue, Trenton, New Jersey 08609
- Web site: http://www.mcgtrenton.org
ST VINCENT de PAUL
- Providing crisis help with rent and utilities through St. Paul's Church.
- St. Paul Roman Catholic Church, Princeton, NJ 08542
- Web site: http://www.stpaulsofprinceton.org
See also Low Income Assistance
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.