Disability Services and Assistance
Disability.gov is the federal government website for comprehensive information on disability programs and services in communities nationwide. The site links to more than 14,000 resources from federal, state and local government agencies; academic institutions; and nonprofit organizations. You can find answers to questions about everything from Social Security benefits to employment to affordable and accessible housing.
Community services for individuals with disabilities. Respite care available for the developmentally disabled. Home modification services available for Mercer County residents - disabled before the age of 65.
HEALTH CARE Consumer assistance PROGRAM (HCCAP)
- Program of New Jersey Protection & Advocacy, Inc (a non-profit funded by US Dept of HHS) that assists NJ citizens with disabilities with health care and insurance matters. Includes legal and non-legal advocacy, information & referral, education and resources, training and technical assistance.
- 210 S. Broad St, 3d Fl., Trenton, NJ 08608
- HCCAP: 866 486-5456 (or 800 852-7899 NJ Relay Service)
- NJP&A: 800 922-7233
- Web site: www.njpanda.org/hccapprogram.htm
MERCER COUNTY OFFICE FOR THE DISABLED
NEW JERSEY TRANSIT ACCESS LINK
Offers people with disabilities paratransit service which is comparable to the local bus service. Mini-buses and wheelchair access vans are used.
- Each person must be certified at one of the NJ Transit Access Link certifying agencies.
- Call (800) 955-2321 for more information and to receive an information packet.
- For TTY calls dial (800) 955-6765
- Web site: www.njtransit.com
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES - DIVISION OF DISABILITY SERVICES
NEW JERSEY DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION (WORKFORCE NJ)
PHARMACEUTICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE AGED AND DISABLED (PAAD)
State funded program to help eligible NJ residents pay for prescriptions, along with insulin, insulin syringes/needles, and certain diabetic testing material. $5 per prescription. See the Pharmaceutical Assistance page for eligibility requirements.
- Eligibility: NJ resident for over 30 days with permanent address, 65 and older or disabled.
- (609) 588-7049 or 800 792-9745.
PROGRESSIVE CENTER FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING
- Advocacy, resources and support of people with disabilities
- 1262 Whitehorse-Hamilton Square Rd, A102, Hamilton NJ 08629
- (609) 581-4500
- web site: www.pcil.org
SOCIAL SECURITY AND DISABILITIES RESOURCE CENTER
- Information on how to apply for disability, appeal a claim in the event of denial, navigate the federal system, and how to avoid making mistakes on the application.
- web site: http://www.ssdrc.com/
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.
Return to Resource Guide Table of Contents