Downsizing & Moving
There are many resources to assist you in downsizing, organizing and recycling what you no longer need.
CERTIFIED RELOCATION & TRANSITION SPECIALISTS
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SENIOR MOVE MANAGERS
- Dedicated to helping older adults and their families with the physical and emotional aspects of moving
- Web site: www.nasmm.org
SENIOR REAL ESTATE SPECIALISTS
Seniors Real Estate Specialists® are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers age 55-plus. By earning the SRES® designation, your realtor has demonstrated necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 55-plus through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home. To find a SRES realtor, go to www.seniorsrealestate.com/sarec/
A HOME THAT WORKS FOR YOU
- Cyndi Kawabata, Professional Organizer
- (609) 933-1550
- Assistance with moving & downsizing
- CRTS certified
- 510 Center St, Barrington, NJ 08007
CLEAR YOUR SPACE
CLEANING FOR A REASON
- This nonprofit offers free professional housecleaning, and maid services to improve the lives of women undergoing treatment for cancer - any type of cancer.
- 877 337-3348
- Web site: http://www.cleaningforareason.org/
- 7 Columbia Place, Princeton Junction NJ 08550
- (609) 933-1550
- Assistance with downsizing, moving and profitably disposing of things you don't need.
- Certificate in Senior Move Management (cSMM)
- Margit Novack
- (610) 853-4300, 609-647-2549
- Web site: www.movingsolutions.com
NATURAL ORDER DESIGN
- Professional organizing solutions for your home and office
- Ellen Tozzi
- 957 Route 33, Unit 206, Hamilton, NJ 08690
- (609) 588-8660
- Web site: http://www.naturalorderdesign.com/
- Help with downsizing and moving, deciding what to take, dispersal of the rest, new layout.
- Website: www.stardownsizing.com
SUZANNE C. NEILSON SENIOR SERVICES
YOUR HOME & I
- Downsizing, organizing, hoarding
- Charlene Laws
A TRUCK & TWO GUYS
- Haul away unwanted items including appliances, construction debris and yard waste.
- (609) 651-7237
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also look in the yellow pages telephone directory under "hauling."
DIGGING OUT BLOG
HOARDING DISORDER INSTITUTE
INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE ON HOARDING
PLACES TO DONATE, SELL AND RECYCLE
PRINCETON SENIOR RESOURCE CENTER
- Cell phones, eyeglasses and hearing aids. We also accept durable medical equipment at Spruce Circle for Goodwill.
- (609) 924-7108
- Sell your books and selected other stuff on Amazon.com
- Web site:www.amazon.com
- South Jersey Auction 856-467-4834 www.southjerseyauction.com
- Stephensons 215-322-6182 www.stephensonsauction.com
- Brown Brothers 215-794-7630 www.brownbrosauction.com
BRYN MAWR BOOK SALE
- Books, books on tape or CD, audio tapes and commercial videotapes or DVDs.
- Check their web site to see what they do not accept:
- Web site: brynmawrbookstore.com/
Donate an unwanted vehicle and get a tax deduction. There are many non-profit organizations that take car donations. Just a few web sites are listed below. Google your favorite charity to see if they accept car donations.
Consignment shops take goods they can sell, and pay you a percentage of the selling price when the items sell. Often they will reduce the selling price if the items is unsold for a certain perior of time. What one shop will not take, another one will, as they serve different types of customers. Look around the store to see what kind of merchandise they accept and their pricing structure. Consignment prices are considerably less than new merchandise, and are based on market demand. Call or check the shop's website for their policies and to make an appointment to bring in your goods.
- Decorators Consignment. Home furnishings. 52 Railroad Ave, Hopewell (609) 466-4400 www.decoratorsconsignment.com/
- Green Street Consignment Store. Clothing. 162 Nassau Street. (609) 924-1990 http://greenestreetconsignment.com/
- Jane. Clothing, home furnishings & linens, Princeton memorabilia. 7 Spring Street, Princeton. (609) 683 5263. www.janeconsignment.com/site/
- Nearly New . Clothing. 234 Nassau Street, Princeton. (609) 924-5720
- One-of-a-Kind Consigment. Home furnishings. Princeton Shopping Center, 301 North Harrison street (609)924-1227. http://www.oneofakindconsignment.com/
- Princeton Consignment Boutique. Clothing. 1378 US Highway 206 , Skillman , NJ 08558 (609) 924-2288.
CONSUMER ELECTRONICS ASSOCIATION
CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY KITCHEN
- Clothing Store at the Methodist Church on Nassau St and Vandeventer
- Accepts men's, women's, children's clothing; accessories such as shoes, pocketbooks, belts, scarves; bed and bath linens, children's books; toys, stuffed animals;toiletries: new cosmetics.
- Donations of shopping bags also appreciated.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS
Accepts women's clothing suitable for business, for women entering or reentering the work force.
Looking to give away items too good to throw out but not worth the effort of trying to sell them? Recycle them on Freecycle. Find stuff you can use there, too.
GOODWILL HOME MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY TRENTON RESTORE
- Accepts and resells building materials and furnishings
- 106 Ewing St, Trenton, NJ 08609
- (609) 218-6860
- New Jersey Hearing Aid Project, Montclair State University, 1515 Broad St., Bldg B, Bloomfield, NJ 07003
- See others in Hearing section
HOME FRONT (assistance for homeless people)
- Clothing, household items, furniture
- (609) 989-9417 ext. 127 for pickup of large furniture in Mercer County only
- Web site: www.homefrontnj.org
IMPACT THRIFT STORES
- Stores in Feasterville, Hatboro, Montgomeryville, Norristown PA
- Proceeds benefit local charities
- furniture, clothes, household goods, etc
- Website: http://impactthrift.org/
MERCER COUNTY IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
- County recycling, hazardous waste disposal, MercerMAX materials Exchange
- Web site:www.mcia-nj.com
PICKUPPLEASE (Vietman Veterans)
- Clothing, household goods, small appliances, electronics, toys, etc
- The items they collect are offered for resale through dealers, such as the Red White & Blue store on Nottingham Way in Trenton.
- 800 775-8387
- Web site: www.pickupplease.org
PRINCETON PUBLIC LIBRARY BOOK SALE
- Computer equipment (residents only)
- (609) 688-2566 x478
- Printer ink cartridges
- Take them to your local Staples store and get a $3 Staples rebate by mail.
YOUR HOME AND I
- Declutter and organize
- Website: www.yourhomeandi.com
WOMANSPACE (assistance to victims of domestic abuse)
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.