Hospice programs provide a variety of medical, social, spiritual and caregiving support services for patients near the end of life and for those who care for them. Most patients are able to remain at home with this support, and most services are currently covered by Medicare. Some have in-patient care though care is usually provided in the home.
Unlike traditional medical care which focuses on cure and treatment of conditions, palliative care is a philosophy of care for people with a serious condition which focuses on comfort, pain management and quality of life. It does not require being near the end of life (as does hospice).
There are several websites which help explain palliative care and hospice, such as:
- In-home, in assisted living community of health care facility
- Affiliate of Care One
- 70 Jackson Drive, Suite 200, Cranford NJ 07016
- (908) 931-9068, or 866-821-1212
- Web site: http://www.carealt.com
CHANDLER HALL HEALTH SERVICES HOSPICE PROGRAM
COMPASSIONATE CARE HOSPICE
- Inpatient: St Francis Medical Center, 601 Hamilton Ave., Trenton NJ 08629
- For intake or to make a referral: 800-844-4774
- Outpatient: 600 Highland Drive, Suite 624
Westampton, NJ 08060
- 800-844-4774 or (609) 267-1178
- Web site: www.cchnet.net
- The Renee Denmark Punia Community Hospice of Greenwood House helps families meet the challenges of end-of-life issues by providing support to both patients and their loved ones so they can concentrate on time spent together.
- For intake information: (609)883-6026
- Web site: http://www.greenwoodhouse.org/services-amenities/hospice-care
- 242 Old New Brunswick Rd, Suite 240, Piscataway NJ 08854
- (732) 562-8800
- Web site: www.odyshealth.com
PRINCETON HEALTHCARE SYSTEM / HOSPICE PROGRAM
SAMARITAN HOSPICE (in home only)
STEIN JEWISH HOSPICE
VNA HOMECARE OF MERCER COUNTY, COMMUNITY HOSPICE
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.