Caregiver Support Services
- Information and resources
AGIS (Assist Guide Information Services)
- Resources and online community for caregivers of elderly
- listing of private duty caregivers, search by zip code, guides through process from posting to interviewing, checking and compensating.
- Caregiver resources, care options, planning for those coping with Alzheimer’s
CAREGIVER ACTION NETWORK
- Advocacy, increasing awareness
CAREGIVER ID BRACELET
- wear a caregiver medical alert bracelet if someone depends on you for care
CAREGIVER RESOURCE CENTER
- A program of PSRC — providing information, referral, counseling & consultations, resource library, education, and support groups for caregivers of older adults
- 45 Stockton St., Princeton, NJ 08540
CAREGIVERS OF NJ
- Advocacy, training, and events
- 35 Beaverson Blvd., Building 11, Brick, NJ 08723
- Resources on several topics including hoarding — use the search feature
CARING FROM A DISTANCE
- Resources for long distance caregivers
DOROT CAREGIVERS CONNECTIONS
- Resources and support for family caregivers
FAMILY CAREGIVER ALLIANCE
- Clearinghouse on brain disorders, caregiver assistance, and long term care.
OAKS INTEGRATED CARE (GREATER TRENTON BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE)
Support for families who have a member with a serious and persistent mental illness. Services include outreach, consultation, psycho education groups and workshops, family counseling and support, and advocacy. see also: Mental Health
- Caregiver support groups
- A free service that helps family and friends coordinate the caregiving tasks of a loved one in need. Through an easy-to-use group calendar, members can sign up for available tasks or check commitments—the service’s email reminder system will make sure you don’t forget.
NATIONAL ALLIANCE FOR CAREGIVING
- This website has a number of useful publications for caregivers.
NATIONAL CAREGIVERS LIBRARY
NATIONAL FAMILY CAREGIVER ACTION NETWORK
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & SENIOR SERVICES
- CaregiverNJ is a comprehensive guide to available resources for adults and their families living in New Jersey.
- PO Box 360, Trenton, NJ 08625
NEXT STEP IN CARE
- Guides to help family caregivers and health care providers work together to plan and implement safe and smooth transitions for chronically or seriously ill patients
POINTS OF CAREGIVING
- Humana Health caregiver support, resources, tools to help someone with the tasks of daily life.
- Home-based, caregiver-centered, solution-oriented program that pairs family caregivers with occupational therapists toward successful managing care. No charge to eligible families.
- Mercer Office on Aging (ADRC) 609.989.6661
STATEWIDE CAREGIVER RESPITE PROGRAM
- Income eligible program. Intermittent support for family caregivers, including home health, adult day programs or respite stays in assisted living. Caregiver education and support, can be in-home.
- Respite care if income eligible
- In Mercer County: Enable NJ
- 13 Roszel Rd., Suite B110, Princeton, NJ 08540
- 609.987.5003 x 145
STRENGTH FOR CARING
- A website sponsored by Johnson & Johnson for caregiver support and resources
- Home safety for Alzheimer’s families.
WELL SPOUSE FOUNDATION
- Support services for spouses in caregiving roles
Search also under respite care and long distance caregiving.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.