Crisis Assistance Programs
ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES — Mercer County Board of Social Services
- Emergency services to prevent abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Homemaker services related to abuse, neglect, or exploitation
- Psychosocial assessment
- 200 Woolverton St., Trenton, NJ 08650
- All calls are CONFIDENTIAL: 800.792.8820 or 609.989.4320, ext. 1641
See also Government
ARM IN ARM
Focus areas: housing stability and homeless prevention, hunger prevention and nutrition education, workforce development in food services, (drivers) licensed to succeed. Some assistance programs (food, utility, housing)—see website.
- Nassau Presbyterian Church, 61 Nassau St., Princeton, NJ 08542
- 1:30-4:00 p.m. Monday–Thursday, Tuesday until 7:00 p.m.
- Some home delivery
- 123 E. Hanover St., Trenton NJ 08608
- 9:00 a.m.–noon weekdays
- 609.482.4444 (weekday mornings)
BLUE ANGEL PROGRAM
Police, Fire, and EMS access to a residence in the event of an emergency where a resident is unable to open the door for first responders
- Call Princeton Police Department at 609.921.2100 for more information
CANE: CLEARINGHOUSE ON ABUSE & NEGLECT OF THE ELDERLY
- Database of resources on abuse and neglect of elderly at University of Delaware
- Shelter and resources for homeless people
- 1880 Princeton Ave., Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
- Emergency, short term, referral.
- 609.278.1481 — 24 hours a day
MERCER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- Connection with organizations providing emergency assistance
See also Government
MERCER COUNTY HISPANIC ASSOCIATION (MECHA)
- Information and assistance for Spanish-speaking individuals.
- Informacion y assistencia en Espanol.
- 18 E. Sixth Ave., Hamilton, NJ 08619
MERCER STREET FRIENDS FOOD BANK
- 824 Silvia St., Ewing, NJ 08628.
MOUNT CARMEL GUILD
- Providing assistance to ailing seniors and impoverished individuals and families.
- 73 North Clinton Ave., Trenton, New Jersey 08609
- 609.392.5159, ext.113
NATIONAL CENTER ON ELDER ABUSE
- Help, resources, and information about elder abuse
ST VINCENT de PAUL
- Providing crisis help with rent and utilities through St. Paul’s Church.
- St. Paul Roman Catholic Church, Princeton, NJ 08542
See also Low Income Assistance
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.