[tribe_mini_calendar category="main" count="0"]
Disability Services & Assistance
ADA NATIONAL NETWORK
- Questions about Americans with DIsabilities Act, resources
DISABILITY COUPONS & RESOURCES
Community services for individuals with disabilities. Respite care available for the developmentally disabled. Home modification services available for Mercer County residents — disabled before the age of 65.
- 13 B Roszel Rd., Princeton, NJ 08540
- 609.987.5003 ext. 18
GUIDE TO DISABILITY CLAIMS
HEALTH CARE CONSUMER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (HCCAP)
- Program of New Jersey Protection & Advocacy, Inc (a nonprofit funded by US Department of HHS) that assists NJ citizens with disabilities with health care and insurance matters. Includes legal and non-legal advocacy, information & referral, education and resources, training, and technical assistance.
- 210 S. Broad St., 3rd Fl., Trenton, NJ 08608
- HCCAP: 866.486.5456 (or 800.852.7899 NJ Relay Service)
- NJP&A: 800.922.7233
- Home accessibility evaluations, aging in place consultations, occupational therapy, Skills2Care
- 609.306.2661 or 732.398.1790
MERCER COUNTY OFFICE FOR THE DISABLED
NEW JERSEY TRANSIT ACCESS LINK
Offers people with disabilities paratransit service which is comparable to the local bus service. Mini-buses and wheelchair access vans are used.
- Each person must be certified at one of the NJ Transit Access Link certifying agencies.
- Call 800.955.2321 for more information and to receive an information packet.
- For TTY calls dial 800.955.6765
- Website: www.njtransit.com
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES — DIVISION OF DISABILITY SERVICES
- 222 S. Warren St., Trenton, NJ 08625-0700
NEW JERSEY DIVISION OF VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION (WORKFORCE NJ)
PHARMACEUTICAL ASSISTANCE TO THE AGED AND DISABLED (PAAD)
State funded program to help eligible NJ residents pay for prescriptions, along with insulin, insulin syringes/needles, and certain diabetic testing material. $5 per prescription. See the Pharmaceutical Assistance page for eligibility requirements.
- Eligibility: NJ resident for over 30 days with permanent address, 65 and older or disabled.
- 609.588.7049 or 800.792.9745.
PROGRESSION PHYSICAL THERAPY
Progression Physical Therapy of Princeton provides expert outpatient rehabilitative care, as well as prompt scheduling, convenient day and evening hours, and comprehensive insurance participation. Our patient service is professional, reliable, ethical, and caring.
- 601 Ewing St., Suite B-9, Princeton, NJ 08540
PROGRESSIVE CENTER FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING
- Advocacy, resources, and support of people with disabilities
- 1262 Whitehorse-Hamilton Square Rd., A102, Hamilton, NJ 08629
SOCIAL SECURITY AND DISABILITIES RESOURCE CENTER
- Information on how to apply for disability, appeal a claim in the event of denial, navigate the federal system, and how to avoid making mistakes on the application.
DISABILITY CARE CENTER
- Information and assistance with applications for Social Security dIsability benefits.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.