Many colleges and universities permit auditing of classes or matriculation of older adults. Call the Admissions Office or Registrar of the college you wish to attend.
DOROT University Without Walls
- Telephone conference-call program offers classes and support groups on wide range of topics
- 171 W. 85th St., New York, NY 10024.
- Lifelong learning program with small discussion-based classes
- Program of Princeton Senior Resource Center
LITERACY VOLUNTEERS OF MERCER COUNTY
An affiliate of ProLiteracy and Literacy Volunteers of America. Tutoring is provided in libraries and other sites around the county.
- One North Johnston Ave., Suite A130, Hamilton, NJ 08609
MERCER COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Mercer County Community College offers credit and non-credit courses and certificates. Mercer County residents who are age 65 or over may register free of tuition charges on a space available basis for courses, provided all course prerequisites are met. Please note that students must pay books, materials, supplies, lab fees, and vendor fees. For taking credit courses as non-credit options, seniors pay the same fee charge as if for credit. Seniors need to present proof of birth date and current address in order to qualify. Please call 609.570.3311 after 3:00 p.m. on the day before the course is to begin to check availability and to register.
- 1200 Old Trenton Rd., PO Box B, Trenton NJ 08690
MERCER COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM Home Borrowers Program
- Home delivered library books to homebound residents of Mercer County (excludes Princeton, Hamilton and Trenton). You must have a valid Mercer County Library System card.
- 609.989.6922 (Reference desk, Lawrence Library)
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
BUREAU OF ADULT EDUCATION AND FAMILY LITERACY/GED
How to go about taking the Tests of General Educational Development (GED) and obtaining your New Jersey state-issued high school diploma.
- PO Box 500, Trenton, NJ 08625-0500
- EMAIL GED_INFO@doe.state.nj.us
- 609.777.1050 for information, test sites
OLLI-RU (OSHER LIFE LONG LEARNING INSTITUTE AT RUTGERS UNIVERSITY)
- 55 Commercial Ave., Suite 201, New Brunswick NJ 08901
PRINCETON ADULT SCHOOL
- P.O. Box 701, Princeton NJ 08542
PRINCETON PUBLIC LIBRARY
- Home Delivered Library Books to home-bound Princeton residents; also community information
- 65 Witherspoon St., Princeton, NJ 08540
- 609.924.9529, ex 225 for Ji-Hae Ju
PRINCETON UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY AUDITING PROGRAM (CAP)
- University courses open to auditors
- Priority given to members of the Princeton University Community, Princeton Borough, and Princeton Township residents
PRINCETON YWCA-ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
- 59 Paul Robeson Pl., Princeton NJ
- 609.497.2100 ext. 320 or ext. 329
- Education and travel for people aged 55 and older
- 11 Avenue de Lafayette, Boston, MA 02111
THE ENGLISH SCHOOL
- English and Citizenship classes
- 1039 Lawrenceville Rd., Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.