Food and Nutrition Programs
PRINCETON AREA FOOD RESOURCES
FOR NUTRITION INFORMATION
CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY KITCHEN
- Free meals Wednesday 5:00–6:30 p.m. at Princeton United Methodist Church, corner of Nassau St. and Vandeventer St.
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF PRINCETON & TASK
- Free dinner Tuesday 5:00–7:00 p.m.
- 30 Green St., Princeton, NJ 08542
ARM IN ARM (formerly the CRISIS MINISTRY OF TRENTON AND PRINCETON)
- 123 E Hanover St., Trenton, NJ 08608
Non-Perishable food bank. See Crisis Assistance.
SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (FOOD STAMPS)
- Provides coupons for food only for eligible Mercer County residents.
- Eligibility is based on a formula that takes into consideration the number of persons in the household, income, resources. Seniors cannot have more than $3000 in liquid assets.
- The website NJhelps.org is useful to prescreen eligibility and to apply for food stamps and other benefits.
- Main phone: 800.687.9512 or 609.989.4320.
- Local application assistance: Princeton Human Services 609.688.2055
For a current list of food pantries, call PSRC 609.252.2362 or Human Services 609.688.2055, or Mercer Street Friends Food Bank 609.406.0503.
Mercer Street Friends Mobile Food Bank
- Periodic food distribution for eligible families at Henry Pannell Learning Center, 2 Clay St., Princeton. For qualification and details, call 609.406.0503.
- McCaffreys — 609.683.1600
- Peapod — Stop & Shop, peapod.com
- Fresh Direct — freshdirect.com
HOME DELIVERED MEALS
Meals delivered (hot lunch and in some instances cold dinner) to shut-ins, the elderly, convalescent, or disabled who find it difficult to prepare meals. Available Monday–Friday unless otherwise specified. There is a cost per meal.
EAT WELL TO GO
- Made fresh and delivered daily — just reheat in microwave
F.I.S.H. of Hopewell Valley (Friends In Service Here)
- A volunteer service covering Hopewell Borough, Pennington, Titusville, and all of Hopewell Township.
- Delivers meals from Pennington Market
- Also provides rides to doctor appointments
Kosher Meals on Wheels
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services, 707 Alexander Rd., Princeton NJ 08540
Lawrence Township Meals On Wheels
Meals on Wheels of Mercer County
- income eligible subsidy available
Other Meal Programs
For other meal programs in Mercer County, call the Office on Aging 609.989.6661
MERCER COUNTY NUTRITION PROGRAM FOR THE ELDERLY
Hot, nutritious meals served at noon at many sites in Mercer County for seniors aged 60 and over. Most programs also provide activities such as games, cards, bingo, and entertainment. Check with individual programs.
- For enrollment and all Mercer County locations, call 609.989.6650
- Limited transportation available by TRADE. (See Transportation)
- Farmers Market Vouchers — summer if eligible.
EAT WELL TO GO
- prepared hot meals delivered to your home Monday–Thurday $9 + tax
- Fresh-made, home-delivered meals nation-wide
OLIVES & OREGANO
- Does meal planning, shopping, cooking in your home, clean up. Can accommodate special diets.
- Chef Carolina
SUN MEADOW/ GA HOME DELIVERED MEALS
- Available to people on MTLSS Medicaid program
- Not sold direct to customer.
TRINITY CHURCH — ONE TABLE CAFE
One Friday dinner per month (usually third), 6:30 p.m. This is a community supported restaurant, for the purpose of bringing people together and break down barriers.
- 33 Mercer St., Princeton, NJ 08540 609.924.2277
- Will prepare plant-based foods for you in your kitchen based on your preferences and needs.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel 609.751.2237, Mallika 609.731.4588
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.