Medicaid is a Federal medical assistance program for the needy administered by the State of New Jersey. It covers most hospital, medical, and prescription expenses.
NJ MEDICAID PROGRAM:
- Hotline: 800.356.1561
- To apply for Medicaid, call the Mercer County Board of Social Services 609.989.4320, 200 Woolverton St., CN01450, Trenton, NJ 08650. Initial screening done by ADRC 609.989.6661.
- Medicaid HMO: 800.701.0710
- NJ Family Care 800.701.0710
SPECIAL MEDICAID PROGRAMS
Home & Community Based Services
For those at risk of skilled nursing placement but who seek to remain at home. Extensive list of community-based, in-home services available.
- 856.787.3830 or 609.704.6050
- Call ADRC for more information 1.877.222.3737
Medicaid for Institutionalization (Nursing Homes)
To qualify for nursing home benefits an applicant must meet not only financial criteria, but also medical necessity requirements. Each of these eligibility processes is complex and must be evaluated according to the applicant’s individual circumstances.
- Eligibility: 65 or older, blind, disabled
- Mercer County: 609.989.4664
- Middlesex County: 732.745.3295
- Monmouth County: 732.431.6000
- Somerset County: 908.526.8800
Medically Needy Medicaid
Program provides some medical benefits for needy individuals who may not be able to afford health care services but have income or assets too high to qualify for regular Medicaid program. It allows the individual to spend down outstanding medical bills. It does not provide full Medicaid coverage.
- Services: Home health aides, eyeglasses, hearing aids, doctor, dentist, clinics, transportation, medical day care. Not full Medicaid.
- Eligibility: 65 or older, blind, disabled, child under 21, or pregnant
- Income Eligibility: Contact Board of Social Services.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.