AT&T LIFELINE PROGRAM
- Usage minimum waived on AT&T Long Distance as well as the Carrier Line and Universal Connectivity charges.
- Eligibility: Income less than 150% of the poverty level. Must certify as eligible or currently participate in the state telephone assistance program.
- 800.222.0300 Contact other local and long distance phone companies to find out if they have similar programs.
- Captioned telephone
- Free caption phone for people with hearing loss.
- Email: email@example.com
GOVERNMENT TELEPHONE PROGRAM WEBSITES
- Federal Communications Commission website: fcc.gov
- New Jersey Board of Public Utilities website: state.nj.us/bpu/assistance/programs/
SafeLink Wireless provides a free wireless phone and free minutes each month to qualified households under a government funded Lifeline Assistance program. This program provides free wireless service, a free wireless phone with an allotment of monthly minutes and unlimited emergency calling.
- Eligibility is based on yearly household income or participation in a government assistance program. The recipient must be located in a SafeLink wireless coverage area.
- Website for New Jersey: safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/how_to_qlfy.aspx
VERIZON — New Jersey Residential Customers
- Communications Lifeline provides free Touch-tone Service and a credit toward monthly telephone bills.
- Link Up America provides a discount on telephone connection charges. The remaining amount is billed in 12 monthly payments
- 135% of poverty level
- MUST APPLY THROUGH QUALIFYING AGENCY: Mercer County Welfare Office, Mercer County Board of Social Services, Mercer County Office on Aging.
- or through NJ SHARES 800.837.4966
See also Assistive technology and hearing sections.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.