Social Worker: Diversity & Outreach
Do you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older adults by building strategic relationships in our local communities?
Have a desire to be one of the principal architects in building a strategy to help us reach an increasingly diverse population of older adults?
Do you dream of being in a job that enables you to truly collaborate with others to implement change and make a difference?
If your answer is yes, the Princeton Senior Resource Center (PSRC) offers an opportunity that will help you live your passion while having an impact on the individuals and communities we serve.
As a member of PSRC’s social services team, the Social Worker: Diversity & Outreach will create and implement a comprehensive plan to expand our community outreach and engagement efforts with diverse local constituents and communities as well as municipal and nonprofit community partners. This person will also work with the social services team to provide direct care and support for PSRC clients and residents of the affordable housing communities served by PSRC.
Essential Functions Include:
- In partnership with PSRC leadership, develop and implement a comprehensive community outreach plan — including outreach activities, groups, community campaigns, and strategies to connect with populations that are currently under-represented and under-served by PSRC.
- Identify and build relationships and strategic local partnerships with faith communities, community organizations, nonprofit and municipal partners, and other groups and organizations to establish trust in and affinity with PSRC among those communities that are currently under-represented and under-served by PSRC.
- Work with PSRC staff leadership and outside consultants to support PSRC’s work in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion by establishing a knowledge base of best practices, available resources, workshops etc. to strengthen our readiness to welcome an increasingly diverse population of participants and clients.
- Provide care coordination, including direct social services, linkage to resources/services, community advocacy, family/individual consultations, need assessment, support and wellness groups for PSRC participants and residents of our partner affordable housing communities and other underserved populations.
- Support, produce, promote and evaluate special events and performances that increase opportunities for cross-cultural interaction and education among our diverse constituency.
- Maintain accurate records including reports, contact logs, database input, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in social services (or related field) or equivalent experience in a field related to the position description; Bilingual or multi-lingual a plus with Spanish preferred.
Part-Time (Full-Time possible) on site in Princeton, NJ with occasional travel in the surrounding communities.
PSRC is a vibrant nonprofit organization which provides programs and support services to aging adults. PSRC thrives in a culture of collaboration and respect.
Job Type: Part-Time (Full-Time possible)
For more information and to submit an application for this position, please contact Drew A. Dyson, chief executive officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.