Information & Referral Resources
PRINCETON SENIOR RESOURCE CENTER
PSRC has up-to-date information about all programs and services in the wider Mercer County area. If we cannot answer your question, we will find the information for you or refer you to someone who can help you. Call or stop by.
- 45 Stockton St., Princeton, NJ 08540 609.751.9699 (9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. weekdays)
- Spruce Circle, Princeton, NJ 08540 609.751.9699 (9:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. weekdays)
2-1-1 New Jersey
Funded by United Way, 2-1-1 creates one easy access point to the health, human services, community resources, and government assistance people need every day as well as in times of crisis. You may search their database on line, call 2-1-1 from your telephone, or chat LIVE with a 2-1-1 specialist. Callers can find assistance for everything from healthcare to housing, shelters to food banks, legal aid, to counseling. Multilingual.
- call 211 or 888.908.4636
For information about resources in Mercer and Middlesex counties, go to InfoLine of Central New Jersey,
To find 211 services in other states, go to 211.org
AARP NEW JERSEY-STATE OFFICE
Provides a number of services such as health insurance, life insurance, and long term care insurance.
- Forrestal Village,101 Rockingham Row, Princeton, NJ 08540
- Customer service for Princeton residents about municipal departments and resources in the community
- see-click-fix: to report problems
ADMINISTRATION FOR COMMUNITY LIVING
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, includes aging and disabilities
- see also Administration on Aging, aoa.gov -good statistics
- Aging & Disability Resource Connection for NJ
- State of New Jersey Department of Human Services information & referral site
- information and blog about resources about wide range of topics
ANNUAL CREDIT REPORT
Free annual credit report from TranUnion, Experian, and Equifax.
A PLACE FOR MOM
Nation’s largest senior living referral service with advisors across the country who specialize in helping families understand their senior living options.
COUNTY OFFICES ON AGING
County offices on aging exist throughout the country. Those in the central New Jersey area are:
- HUNTERDON COUNTY 908.788.1363
- MERCER COUNTY 609.989.6661
- MIDDLESEX COUNTY 732.745.3293
- MONMOUTH COUNTY 732.431.7450
- SOMERSET COUNTY 908.704.6346
A nation-wide service to help families and friends find information about state and local resources for the elderly.
- Hours of operation: Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Helpful resources on a range of topics.
LONG TERM CARE INFORMATION
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website that provides information and resources to help you and your family plan for future long-term care (LTC) needs.
MERCER COUNTY HISPANIC ASSOCIATION (MECHA)
Information and assistance for Spanish speaking individuals
Information y assistencia en Espanol
- 18 E 6th Ave., Hamilton, NJ 08619
NATIONAL ASIAN PACIFIC CENTER ON AGING
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR AGING CARE
- Links to local resources nation-wide
NATIONAL RESOURCE CENTER ON LGBT AGING
- Information and referral for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender older adults.
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- Information on Senior Services throughout New Jersey
NEW JERSEY SELF-HELP CLEARINGHOUSE
- Current listings of self-help groups in New Jersey
OTHER SENIOR CENTERS
See Senior Centers
SILVER CENTURY FOUNDATION
- blogs, articles,resources, links to a wide range of issues dedicated to a positive view of aging.
- Government information by topic and agency, many good aging-related links.
The Princeton Senior Resource Center does not endorse any of the resources listed on these pages. We collect and provide information from many sources as a service to those seeking services in the Princeton area. No listed provider pays to be in our directory.